The Louisiana adoption reunion registry is a website run by the Lousiana Department of Children and Family Serives. It’s purpose is to facilitate voluntary contact between adult adoptees, their birth parents and/or their siblings.
The Registry will not find someone for you. The Louisiana Adoption Voluntary Registry is a “passive” match registry and does not search. Contacts through the Registry are by voluntary mutual consent between people that registered.
If the person you are looking for is deceased, and the state knows that they are deceased, you will be notified. If they find a match, you will be required to fill out a counseling form and have one hour of counseling. The form and other information is located at Lousiana Adoption Voluntary Registry.
WHO MAY REGISTER?
The following people are eligible to use the Voluntary Registry:
- an adopted person who is at least 18 years of age,
- a biological parent, a biological sibling who is at least 18 years of age,
- a parent or sibling or descendant (or his parent if a minor) of a deceased biological parent,
- an adoptive parent of a minor adopted child,
- an adoptive parent or descendant of a deceased adopted person (or his parent if a minor)
To request a registration packet be mailed to you, call 1-888-LAHELP-U (888-524-3578), choose your language and then select options 6-4-2 or complete the Online Voluntary Registry Form.
The packet will include all necessary forms and instructions. Registration will occur upon receipt of completed registration packet information and the one time $25.00 registration fee. Registration remains in effect indefinitely, unless withdrawn by registrant’s written request.
There are several forms available on the website. Be sure to send in the correct form and don’t forget to also register at national registries also. It is better to fish in several ponds.
To register, print and complete the forms below.
- Form 447 A – Affidivat of an Adopted Person
- Form 447 B – Affidavit of Biological Mother
- Form 447 C – Affidavit of Biological Father
- Form 447 D – Affidavit of Biological Sibling of an Adopted Person
- Form 447 E – Affidavit of a Parent of a Deceased Biological Parent
- Form 447 F – Affidavit of a Descendent of Any Degree of a Deceased Biological Parent
- Form 447 G – Affidavit of a Sibling of a Deceased Biological Parent
- Form 447 H – Decendent of a Deceased Adopted Person
- Form 447 I – Adoptive Parent of a Minor or Deceased Adopted Person
- Request for Adoption Verification Form